It’s that time of year again – my birthday month!
I won’t lie, with my wedding on 1st July, it never really clicked that my birthday would be shortly afterwards. It only really clicked at the end of last week, when I had 2 weeks to go.
Despite being into my 30’s now, I don’t get stressed out at turning another year older. I love parties and any reason to celebrate, so I love my birthday.
We were spoiled so completely with a beautiful wedding (thanks to our folks), an amazing honeymoon (thanks to my hubby) and an abundance of love and gifts from our nearest and dearest, so thinking of a wishlist for my birthday made me feel kind of bad. I know that people like reading other’s wishlists for various celebrations, so I wanted to put something up for any readers who’d be interested in seeing what I’ve had my eye on for a while.
So – PLEASE NOTE that I’m not asking for any of these things, and I’m DEFINITELY NOT expecting any of these things from my family or hubby. I am in no way being greedy and would never in a million years expect to be given even one of these items just because it’s my birthday, and despite having a lot of money already spent on me for our wedding. These are things I’ve had my eye on for quite some time, that are at the very top of my wishlist of items I’d like to put into my shopping basket, or save up to get. Who knows, perhaps I’ll spoil myself with something off this list as a gift from me, to me?! I just love looking at what other people are wanting to add to their collections!
So let’s get started shall we!
1. Skin Creamery Every Day Cream R295 – an all over cream that is safe to be used on face AND body, I’ve heard nothing but good things about this brand and this product. Apparently it smells divine too!
2. Skin Creamery Facial Hydrating Oil R310 – another product I’ve heard great things about, this is a fab facial oil that hydrates and soothes dry skin, with no oily residue.
3. Skin Creamery Oil-Milk cleanser R320 – I love oil or milk cleansers, and while I know that makes it 3 of the Skin Creamery products to make it onto this list, I’ve been yearning to try them for ages. This cleanser takes off all of the makeup, dirt and oil on your skin, yet doesn’t leave it feeling stripped or tight.
4. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm R295 – this new makeup remover/cleanser from Clinique has been raved about in blogs and Youtube videos for the last few months. I’d really love to see if it’s worth the hype!
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask R475 – I have pretty dehydrated skin, so at night I love to put on a hydrating mask, and an overnight one that I can use as my night cream is a great option. I tried the Extended Thirst Relief gel cream recently and absolutely fell in love with it, so I know this would become a firm favourite too.
6. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate R815 – I’ve gone through 2 bottles of this divine facial oil, and I would love to get my hands on a new one. It smells amazing and gets me ready for sleep with the added lavender essential oil. It’s nourishing and helps to fade scars or marks on my skin too. Just blissful.
7. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye R515 – I’ve tried a sample of this eye cream before and I really loved it! I’ve gone through 2 tubs of the Creamy Eye Treatment before, and I found that just 3 uses of the MRE gave me a better result than an entire tub of that. It’s time I got my hands on a really good eye cream.
8. The Body Shop British Rose Plumping Mask R300 – I’ve been dying to try some of the Recipes of Nature masks, and this British Rose one sounds right up my alley. It nourishes, hydrates and soothes skin, which is all I need in a mask!
9. Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Moisturising Stick R85 – I’ve used the pot version of this balm and I absolutely loved it, as it nourished and protected my lips superbly. I just don’t like constantly dipping fingers into a pot, as it’s not very hygienic. I would really love to give the stick version a go.
10. Sheet masks like these from Skin Republic (Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen or Brightening Vitamin C for R39.99 at Dischem) – I’m addicted to sheet masks and try to use them at least once a week, as they’re the quickest and easiest way to zap your skin with a lot of hydration. These from Skin Republic are some of my favourite as they’re very affordable, but I also LOVE the Asian ones that you can buy on Shades of Mink, and I’d love to try the ones from Swiitch Beauty.
1. Swiitch Beauty #Slaysfordayspalette R350 – I’ve read and seen so many good reviews on this palette, and had toyed with the idea of getting it for myself. Then I had it used on my eyes for my wedding makeup and the trial before, and I knew that I had to make it mine at some point. It’s gorgeous and vibrant and beautifully pigmented, and lasts so well on the eyes.
2. Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder in Translucent R135.95 – I’ve got one of the Creme Puff Blush’s at home and I love it. I’ve heard some really great things about the powder too, as it has fine light reflecting particles that stop your complexion from looking flat and lifeless. I’m constantly on the lookout for a new powder too!
3. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Ivory $39 – I’ve been longing to try this beautiful medium to full coverage foundation for absolute ages. It’s only available overseas unfortunately, but I have my Aramex Global Shopper, so perhaps it’s time I give it a bash?
4. NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Setting Spray R159.95 – I love dewy finish sprays as they don’t leave your skin feeling tight, they’re more likely to have little to no alcohol in them, they add a boost of hydration, and settle all of the powders on your face, as well as increasing the longevity of your makeup. I’ve yet to try this more affordable offering from NYX, but I’ve heard how good it is.
6. Real Techniques powder brush R230 – I love the brushes from Real Techniques, as I have a number of face and eye brushes from their regular collection, as well as some of the face brushes from the Bold Metals collection. I’m in need of a new powder brush, so I’d love this big fluffy one.
7. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Radiance with Hyaluronic Acid R475 – I always love hydrating foundation primers, as they give me that extra boost that’ll make sure my skin doesn’t start to ‘eat up’ my foundation. This radiance boosting primer has hyaluronic acid in it – a sure fire way to give you all-day moisture, plus amber and bronze pearls to give your skin a radiant glow. Sounds divine!
8 & 9. Palladio Crushed Metallic eye shadow in shades Stellar and Supernova, available at Dischem for R99 each – super buttery and soft, super pigmented, and they give a super metallic finish on the eye. I’ve heard about these and will more often than not swatch them when I pop into Dischem. They’re stunning, especially for the price point!
10. Benefit Rockateur Blush R385 – a rose gold blush? Right up my alley!
11. Urban Decay Vice lipstick in comfort matte Backtalk R240 – I’ve heard amazing things about the UD lippies, and this shade is often raved about. It’s the most beautiful pinky-nude, like a my lips but better shade.
1. Soy Lites frosted glass candle in Entice R225 – with a blend of oils such as ginger, cardamom, grapefruit, sweet orange and pepper, this sounds delicious. I’d love to burn this in my bedroom!
2. Paco Rabanne Olympea Intense R880 for 30ml – I’ve had the original Olympea fragrance and adored it. This new intense version is a deeper, richer and more sensual version of the original, and the lid has a tortoise-shell finish, which is just so pretty.
3. Fleur de Force ‘The Luxe Life’ R359 on Takealot – I have ‘The Glam Guide’ from Fleur, who is my number one favourite Youtuber. It was a nice read while lying in the bath, and provided me with so many wonderful tips for beauty, fashion and home. This new book looks great too, and I’d love to own both.
4. Chrissy Teigen ‘Cravings’ R369 on Takealot – Chrissy is gorgeous, quirky and has a great knack for cooking. I had one of her recipes that was published in a magazine and it was absolutely sublime, so I’d love to add her cook book to my kitchen collection.
5. Lush The Comforter Shower Cream R175 for 250g – I bought the smaller bottle of this shower cream to take on honeymoon with me, as The Comforter bubble bar is by far my favourite. I love the rich blackcurrant scent, and would really like the bigger bottle now.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium R905 for 30ml – the most expensive fragrance I’ve ever owned, and also my favourite of all time. Clearly my nose has champagne taste! I was lucky that my dad grabbed me a bottle from duty free a few years back, and I’ve made that bottle last. In fact, my now hubby loved the fragrance on me so much, that I stopped using it for a while, and then wore it on our wedding day. I only have a small amount left, and I’m trying so hard to not use it, so a new bottle would be the best gift of all!
Have you found anything on this list that you like the look of? Or do you have any suggestions for things that are similar, that you think I’d like?